Breaking News
Loading...

Steer Wrestler Rowdy Parrott Wins San Antonio Wildcard, Qualifies for Finals Tonight

 SAN ANTONIO – This was a win or go home situation and steer wrestler Rowdy Parrott isn’t headed home.

Parrott clocked a 4.1-second run to win the Wildcard Round at the at the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo Saturday afternoon at the AT&T Center.


“It’s stressful, but it worked out,” said Parrott, who earned $5,000 for the victory. “It’s simple, they only take one guy, and you have to go all out. I knew I had to max the barrier out and max my steer out and it worked out in my favor and hopefully I can carry that on to tonight.”


The event winners of the Wildcard round advanced to the finals at 8 p.m. (ET) Saturday at the AT&T Center. The finals will consist of 11 contestants – 5 from each of the semifinals and one from the Wildcard round.


The San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo concludes Saturday and will be broadcast live on The Cowboy Channel and streamed on the PRCA on Cowboy Channel Plus App at 8 p.m. (ET).


“I know the start because this (in the Wildcard round) was the fifth one I had run here,” said Parrott, 28. “I just focus on my start and the steer that I have. I just go do my job and I know what I have to do. I just want to keep the ball rolling into tonight.”


Parrott, a two-time qualifier for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, including last year is aiming to win the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo for the first time.


Other Wildcard round winners were bareback rider Jayco Roper (85 points on Calgary Stampede’s Soap Bubbles); team ropers *Rhett Anderson/Matt Kuttler (4.2 seconds); saddle bronc rider Kolby Wanchuk (87 points on Pete Carr Pro Rodeo’s Downtown); tie-down roper *Kincade Henry (8.1 seconds); breakaway roper Samantha Fulton (1.8 seconds); barrel racer *Paige Jones (14.15 seconds); and bull rider Ernie Courson Jr. (87 points on Andrews Rodeo’s Screamin Demon).

*Won on tiebreaker

Post a Comment

0 Comments